International Students

Multnomah welcomes students of all nationalities. International students face many challenges as they consider pursuing a degree in the USA and at Multnomah but the rewards are many. Furthermore, students from other cultures and backgrounds enrich the life of the University.

International students enroll at Multnomah both as undergraduates (to pursue a bachelor’s degree) and in the Seminary and the graduate school. If you are interested in undergraduate studies, please click here to learn more about the admission process. For information about applying to enter a master’s degree program at Multnomah Biblical Seminary, click here.

Please contact the Admissions Office for instructions if you are considering one of the following programs:

  • Master of Arts in Counseling
  • Master of Arts in Teaching
  • Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
  • Doctor of Ministry (DMin)


Studying at an American university or seminary can be quite expensive. For undergraduates, Multnomah may cost US$33,000 or more per year, including personal expenses, insurance and travel. The cost to attend the Seminary can exceed US$25,000.

While Multnomah does have a scholarship program, financial aid is limited. We regret to say that, as a general rule, if you cannot cover at least 80% of the cost through sponsorship or personal financial resources, it probably will not be possible for you to attend Multnomah. If you are not certain of your ability to afford Multnomah, you still are welcome to apply for admission and we will help you through the process of exploring your options.

Immigration Forms

When you have been accepted for admission and have shown proof of adequate funding, Multnomah will send you a letter of admission and U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services Form I-20, "Certificate of Eligibility." As a general rule, international students need to obtain an F-1 student visa before enrolling at Multnomah. Before applying for an F-1 visa, you may be required to pay a fee of $200, called the “SEVIS fee,” to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. You then will need to make an appointment with the American Consulate or Embassy having jurisdiction over your place of permanent residence and take your Form I-20 to them in order to be permitted to enter the United States.

Health Insurance

All students are required to have a medical benefit plan. Read more about this on the Student Health Insurance page.