International Seminary Information

In order to be considered for seminary admission, you must complete the following steps, preferably at least nine months prior to the term you wish to begin at Multnomah:

  1. Submit an Application for Admission, with the $40 (US) application fee and the personal statement or essay. The application is available here. At this time, we do not have an application form that is specifically designed for international students.
  2. Provide Multnomah with evidence of your ability to meet your educational expenses here. You will need to have the International Student Financial form completed and submit it with documentation such as official bank statements and tax returns.
  3. Have official academic transcripts of all of your postsecondary (university) course work sent to Multnomah. Schools in some countries call transcripts “mark sheets” or “grade reports.” We are referring to a comprehensive listing of all courses and results you have completed, provided directly by the institution(s) you attended.
  4. If your degree was completed outside the USA, you need to have the transcript(s) showing your degree(s) reviewed by an evaluation service. you need to have your transcripts reviewed by an evaluation service. We need to receive a basic evaluation stating what type of degree you earned and what kind of institution you attended. We will accept an evaluation from any business that is a member of NACES. The member list can be found at We often recommend the following services:
  5. Provide proof of your proficiency in the English language. Multnomah requires that international students score at least 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language. This is equivalent to a 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT). Multnomah's school code is 4496. You may substitute the IELTS exam if you wish, with an overall band score of at least 7.0. This requirement may be waived for some students whose primary language is English.
  6. Provide one Spiritual Life Reference form (sometimes called the Pastor’s Reference) and two Personal Reference forms. These forms are available in the application packet.