Distinguished Young Alumni Award:
The Distinguished Young Alumni award honors a younger alum who embodies Christian values in their work, and personal life. Each year Multnomah University grants this special award in order to encourage and recognize alumni in their efforts to advance in their occupation and relationship with Christ. We encourage alumni to nominate those whom they feel exemplify the values and qualities Multnomah University upholds.
The purpose of the Distinguished Young Alumni Award is to recognize alumni who are outstanding leaders in their vocation and community, and show promise of future professional growth. This award recognizes an alumnus whose life faithfully exemplifies Christ and the mission of Multnomah as demonstrated by acknowledged professional accomplishments, personal character, integrity, and a strong commitment to the Lord. All graduates of Multnomah University within the past decade are eligible.
The mission of the Alumni Department is to advance God's Kingdom through its alumni by providing ongoing relationships, education, enrichment, encouragement, and resources to build on the foundation laid by the Multnomah experience.
Details and Disclosures
Distinguished Young Alumni Award
- Is a graduate who upholds the standards of Multnomah University
- Is distinguished among their peers for constructive contributions made to society that display leadership, responsibility and expertise in their field of endeavor
- Is an individual with demonstrated commitment to community involvement
- Is a person of integrity and demonstrated ability who provides inspiration to the constituency of Multnomah University
- Is a graduate who has demonstrated a continuing interest in and support of Multnomah University through contribution of time, talent, and/or resources
- Is an individual whose endeavors demonstrate the importance of his/her education and faith
- Individuals are ineligible if they are a candidate for, or currently hold any elected public office in the current calendar year
- If the nominee has been a member of the Multnomah Alumni Leadership Council, this individual shall not be eligible until at least one year after such membership has expired
Method of Nomination
Nominations may be made by any of the following individuals or groups:
- Multnomah students, alumni, faculty, staff or friends
- Multnomah Alumni Association Area Chapters
- Multnomah Alumni Leadership Council
In addition to the nomination form, newspaper or magazine clippings, website address, or other appropriate supporting materials may be submitted
Alumni may self-nominate by completing the nomination form, providing supporting materials (if any) and providing two letters of support. Nominations may be made online or in writing by completing the official Distinguished Young Alumni nomination form provided by the alumni department
Method of selection
Nomination forms with any supporting material should be received by the Alumni Relations Department no later than October 1 of the previous year in which the person is being nominated. The awards committee will review the nominations and determine the recipient committee consists of the following individuals:
- President of Multnomah University
- Director of Alumni Relations
- Academic Dean of the College and Seminary Dean
- Alumni Leadership Council Members
The decision of the awards committee is final. The Distinguished Young Alumni award will be presented annually as an integral part of Multnomah's annual homecoming celebration at the Portland campus. A person may receive this award only once in his/her lifetime.
Please use the form below to submit your nomination.