Preston Newby, You Will Be Missed

5 comments Written on September 17th, 2008 by
Categories: Alumni, General

Preston Newby, a recent Alumni of the Bible College and Youth Pastor at Lake Bible Church in Lake Oswego, Oregon, died on September 15th, 2008. He was struck by a motorist while assisting an accident victim.

Prayer

• Please pray for his Wife, Tara, who is pregnant with their second child, and their 16-month-old son.
  • Please also pray for the children he pastored.

Memorial

• A Memorial service will be held at Lake Bible Church on Saturday, September 20th at 2:00pm.

Assistance

More Information

Update: 09.18.08

Tags: ,

About the Author:
http://learyconsulting.com
Marketing consultant at Leary Consulting.

5 comments “Preston Newby, You Will Be Missed”

Thank you for this post – It came up on top when I googled Preston to see what the media was up to. Thanks also for the links to KATU and the Oregonian. As a member of Lake Bible, I can testify that he impacted the lives and touched the hearts not only the youth he pastored but so many of the rest of us. Dear Lord, he is with You now, but we will miss him for a long time.

I had the privilege to know and work with Preston on the Grounds crew here at Multnomah. He was truly one of those rare souls that we can look back and say that we were fortunate to know. I now find myself walking around the campus and thinking of the things that he worked on. I am still shocked and saddened by his passing – I imagine that it will hurt for a long time. I do have some great memories of Preston and laugh when I think of some of the fun times (Amashlerdawn!!!) which were numerous! Preston Newby, you will be missed indeed.

I had the priviledge to be one of Preston’s teachers in Jr. High School in Santa Fe New Mexico. Preston always had the joy of the Lord showing through in all he did. He was delight and will be missed dearly. May God continue to bless the family the left behind. He was truely a testimony of how we should all live our lives.