Laura Silva, as well as her brother-in-law, Tony Silva, died yesterday in a tragic climbing accident in the Gorge. Laura is the wife of Bobby Silva, also a student at Multnomah and an IT employee, and together they lived in married student housing. Bobby suffered no injuries in the accident and is currently at home with his family in Gresham.
- Thursday, April 9th
- 10:00 AM
- Good Shepherd Community Church
MU Chapel Cancelled
Since Multnomah's Maundy Thursday Chapel is at the same time as the memorial service, Dr. Lockwood has announced that the chapel is cancelled and that all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to attend the memorial service in Boring, Oregon instead.
What You Can Do
- Pray that this circumstance will bring glory to Jesus Christ.
- Pray for Laura's husband Bobby Silva who is a recent MU alum and current employee in the IT Department.
- Pray for the wife and two children of Tony Silva.
- Pray for the families, friends, and coworkers who love them both.
We are currently working with The Oregonian on a more detailed story surrounding the Silva's. It sounds like they want to focus on the Christian faith of Laura and Bobby directly. Much of the focus thus far has been on Tony, Bobby's brother because he was a detective with Gresham Police - but his has been one marked by Jesus as well.
We will follow-up with new information as necessary.
Bobby, we are praying and mourning with you, brother.