Admissions & Basketball Go To Taiwan

1 Comment » Written on May 14th, 2009 by
Categories: Athletics, General, Missions, Pray For MU, Students

It is just about 48 hours until I head to Taiwan.

Wow...It doesn't quite feel real yet. I'll be going to Taiwan for 10 days with members of Multnomah's Basketball and Volleyball teams to minister to the people of Taipei. The big idea of this trip is to use sports as a means of connecting with the people of Taipei and to be able to share Christ with them. Even though I am only marginally athletic, I am VERY excited to be a part of this team. I have the privilege of joining them in their ministry efforts as well as promoting Multnomah to a number of students.

Spending Our Time

The majority of our time will be spent connecting with students from four different schools in Taipei. Bethany Academy and Morrison Academy are two Christian schools that have a large number of missionary kids. We'll be speaking in their chapel services, giving a few basketball clinics, and playing a game against their high school basketball team. Christ's College is a unique college where about half of the students are believers and the other half are not. Many students are enrolled in the English program and we will have the opportunity to share with them at their chapel services as well as play a basketball game against their team. The last school we will be working with is Tzu-Chiang Elementary school. We will be inviting them to an all-day basketball clinic on Saturday, May 23rd that will be held at Christ's College.

colin_wyenbergFollow Along and Pray For Us!

I will be blogging every couple of days and I'll be sure to include plenty of pictures! This is a great opportunity and we would love if you would join us in praying that God would grant us opportunities to share His love with the people of Taipei.

Until next time...Zaijien!! (Good bye)

Colin Wyenberg
Admissions Counselor
Multnomah Bible College
colinw@multnomah.edu

Tags: , , , ,

One Response to “Admissions & Basketball Go To Taiwan”