Taiwan Trip Wrap-Up

Comments Off Written on May 28th, 2009 by
Categories: Alumni, Athletics, Faculty, General, Missions, Students

Anyone who has ever been on a mission trip knows that it's hard to capture all that was experienced. I was showing my wife some pictures and I said, "I wish I could have captured some of the SMELLS!" (On second-thought, maybe it's best that some things can't be captured?)

3 Days Back

christ-campI've been back from Taiwan now for about 3 days and I've been trying to reflect on my experience. It's difficult to put everything into words but I walked away with at least one big thought in mind; Multnomah students are truly unique.

MU Students Boldly Sharing The Gospel

kidsWatching Multnomah students minister to others was probably the most amazing part of the trip. They boldly shared the gospel of Christ in words and actions. They ministered to groups of students from kindergarten through college and our students did an incredible job of being Christ to these students. Sometimes it was in words as they shared their testimonies, spoke with them, and laughed. Other times it was through acts of service or even a "high five" when the language barrier was too much. This group of students were capable, qualified, and passionate servants of Christ and I was blessed to be a part of their efforts.

Shameless Plug

And (to shamelessly toot Multnomah's horn), I can't help but think that God has used Multnomah to help shape their character and calling.

Personal Growth

jeff-and-jerryPersonally, I was also ministered too. I went into this trip with just a little bit of anxiety because I hardly knew any of the students. Sure, Multnomah is small enough to know who most people are, but I felt like I only knew most of them by name or superficially. It was awesome to see a group of close, tight-knit students welcome me into their team and allow me to do ministry with them. I was encouraged and felt like I made new friends.

Also, it was a ton of fun. If you have never been on any kind of short-term missions experience, Go. It's fun, challenging, and always worth the effort.

Tags: , , , , ,