Alumni Missionary Support – Final Wrap-up

Comments Off Written on July 1st, 2009 by
Categories: Alumni, General, Missions

Greetings from Portland, Oregon!

After traveling 19 hours in flight, I arrived safely Monday afternoon.  How wonderful to be back on American soil again and to take pleasure in the familiarity of being home: seeing familiar faces, enjoying warm receptions and sleeping in my own bed. 

This past week was such a gift. I said goodbye to our team a week ago Sunday and had the privilege of staying an additional week in Jinja, where I enjoyed precious moments with my sister Danielle and her family (The Pierce's our team hosts).

dsc04901dsc04530dsc04788

Dentists, Superglue, and Braids

While the week was restful it was certainly not without adventure. A few highlights include: An opportunity to experience dentistry in Uganda, when one of my back molars broke off, sitting for seven hours straight and having two African mama's braid my hair (I am now sporting a new African doo) and discovering the multi purposes for superglue, when my niece fell from a top bunk and busted her chin and we super glued it back together. True story!  (a great remedy for those of you who, like myself, may fear needles...It works!)

dsc047811dsc047611dsc04963

Thanks and Praise!

dsc04947Many thanks again to each of you for journeying with me these past six weeks.  While it is hard to summarize my experience in just a few words, overall I would say: God is faithful and is at work doing amazing things through the lives of our alumni. Through each unique and significant cultural experience I was able to witness what He is able to do through lives surrendered to Him.

May He continue to be at work in and through each of our lives as we yield our hearts and hands to Him as vessels for His use.

Appreciative of your prayers and partnership,

Michelle

Tags: , , , , ,

Director of Alumni Relations