Dr. Dan Lockwood - Multnomah's current (and fit!) president enjoys a good run every now and then. This year is no exception as he will be running in the Portland Marathon (that's 26+ miles) on Sunday, October 4th.
He Likes To Run, So What?
What's different this year, is that he wants all of you to help him finish by giving him an incentive...by pledging to donate money to the Student Aid Fund for every mile he completes!
The Student Aid Fund goes directly to lowering the cost of tuition (that's right, Multnomah students don't pay what it actually costs to educate them, we rely on donors to make up the $4,766 difference per student, per year! It's called the "Student Need Gap").
How Do I Make Dr. Dan Run Harder?
Consider how much you'd like to give per mile and remember that there are 26 miles...and I bet he'll finish if he knows there's student aid on the line!
Some ways to pledge:
- Comment on this blog using the link/space below that you're pledging so everyone can show their support together - strength in numbers, people!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 800.352.4253
...But remember, do it by Sunday, October 4th!
How to actually make the gift:
Just go to www.multnomah.edu/goto/giving for your options.
- If you choose to pay online
- Click the orange "Start a Gift" button
- When you tell us where you want your gift to go, simply select "other" and tell us you're fulfilling your pledge for Dr. Dan's marathon run.
Dr. Dan with his daughter Elise at the Hood-to-Coast Relay.
"Borrowed" from his Facebook profile!