A Story Of Thanksgiving

Comments Off Written on November 25th, 2010 by
Categories: Alumni, General, Seminary

An Angel Unaware

How quickly life can change! My husband Lynn and I were on our way to church one Sunday morning when he suffered a major stroke. (I was driving!) I continued on to the church and immediately called 911 and he was taken directly to the nearest hospital by ambulance. Only about 20 minutes had elapsed between the start of the stroke and arrival at the hospital.

Our life had suddenly taken a U-turn. After spending several days in the hospital, Lynn was transferred to a rehab center. My peace and trust in God’s care were lagging behind my mounting fear and anxious thoughts about an unknown future. Then appeared an “angel unaware” in the form of Anne Cheng (MABS ’96), who was to be Lynn’s head physical therapist. I still can’t comprehend how the connection was made, but simply through a question or two as we were getting acquainted, I learned that Anne was also a Multnomah alum. Furthermore, I learned that she had come to know Jesus as her Savior as a little girl through the influence of her Sunday School teacher, my dear friend and fellow Multnomah classmate, Emi (Hayashi) Koe, class of 1962.

What a loving gift it was from our heavenly Father to bring a sister in Christ across our path at a difficult time in our lives. This brief encounter was an indication to us of the way God graciously orchestrates every detail of our lives.

Gail (Stark) Lundquist
(Diploma’62, BSBS ’85)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Tags: , , ,

About the Author:
http://learyconsulting.com
Marketing consultant at Leary Consulting.