Conversations with Dr. Dan – Christmas And A Year In Review

Comments Off Written on November 30th, 2010 by
Categories: Alumni, Dr. Lockwood, General, Pray For MU

Dr. Dan's Transcript

I’m Dan Lockwood, Multnomah’s president, and I want to extend to you a “Merry Christmas” greeting as we begin the month of December.  I trust you had a good Thanksgiving with family and friends.  We all have so much to be thankful for, don’t we?  And as we enter this Christmas season, I trust that your celebration of the birth of our Savior will be rich and deep.

I also greatly appreciate the fact that many of you have joined me over the last year in viewing these video clips which we have prepared to keep you in the know.  We have talked about a lot of things that have happened at Multnomah University.  We discussed our name change.  We spoke of the new academic programs initiated in the last three years at the college and the seminary.  We reflected on some new directions at the college affecting student behavior and student life on our campus.

A Peek Into The Future

We intend to continue these video clips next year through this series which we have called “Conversations with Dr. Dan.”  In the future, I will talk about our new mission statement and the core themes associated with it.  I will explain our nine core values which describe who we really are as an institution.  I will unfold our new strategic plan with some new directions we are planning for the next year—and the next five years, too.  Please join us.  I look forward to renewing a conversation with you again.

And for you alumni, I am happy to announce that the Alumni Connection e-mail that you receive every month has been entirely redesigned.  I know you'll be excited about the new look.  These videos will continue to be imbedded in it, but in a more accessible way.

How You Can Pray

As you enter this Christmas season, please keep Multnomah in your prayers.  Pray for our students as they grow in God's grace and the knowledge of His Word.  Also, our enrollment department would appreciate your prayers as they encourage prospective students to apply to Multnomah and enroll as students.  And all of us would appreciate your prayers for financial support as we continue to seek to fulfill our mission at Multnomah.  Perhaps you would be willing to make a year-end gift to Multnomah to partner with us in fulfilling our mission.  Thanks so much supporting Multnomah through prayer, through giving, and through encouraging students to come.

So, Merry Christmas to all of you!  May God's blessing be upon you in this wonderful season!

Tags:

Director of Alumni Relations