Alumni Spotlight

2 comments Written on January 26th, 2011 by
Categories: General

David Almgren

(AA '93)

What a journey it has been since graduating from Multnomah School of the Bible in 1993. I set forth with diploma in hand to fulfill my calling and to impact Portland and beyond, not knowing what the future would hold. God has opened some doors and He has closed others.  Throughout my journey, I have always believed in being available for the Lord and to be flexible. As a result, the Lord has given me a mixed bag of opportunities for ministry. I have participated in many missions trips and assisted in planting a few churches. I have had the privilege of  working as a Jr. Hi Pastor, a Children's Pastor, and as a Sidewalk Sunday School Evangelist. I also opened a toy store called "Kidz On Earth" in Portland. Each of these ministry opportunities have been rewarding, exciting, and unplanned.

David Almgren and FamilyAll of these experiences have led up to my current assignment working in the field of media, promoting faith and family films to churches in the United States.  Films like  "Veggietales Pirates,"  "Fireproof,"  "To Save A Life," "Soul Surfer," "Courageous," and currently a film called "The Grace Card" that presents a message of grace, forgiveness, and racial reconciliation (in theaters 2.25.11).  I love my job and I am excited to see lives changed through the power of these films.

This  journey continues to unfold and I will move forward not knowing what the future holds. But one thing I do know is that God will continue to open the right doors and close the other ones.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Meet the Author

David Almgren lives in Portland ,Oregon and is married to his wife, Karis, of 15 years. They have three wonderful children (Davis 12, Grace 10, and Brycen 6).  David works as marketing consultant for Provident Films and is currently working on three film projects: "The Grace Card" (2.25.11), "Soul Surfer" (4.08.11), and "Courageous" (9.30.11).  (http://www.thegracecardmovie.com).

Submit your story

“Where are they now?” is published monthly in our Alumni Connection e-newsletter.  Alumni interested in submitting their story to be considered for publication can do so by contacting the alumni department for more details at 503-251-6459.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Senior Alumni Relations Coordinator

2 comments “Alumni Spotlight”

Dave it is exciting to be in God’s work and in the place where He wants us to be. I go back to 1948. not many of us left. If you want to know more about me you may want to check out my book from the school library under the title MY CUP OF BLESSING. It is my testimony and my first book. My second book is THE GOSPEL OF JOHN AS SEEN THROUGH THE EYES OF A SHEPHERD. I published it myself and had only 60 copies produced for those who ordered it. It needs to be revised and I may have a few published without an ISBN number because that is very expensive. I am now working on a book COME, FOLLOW ME. I may offer it to some publisher. I am like a young duck learning how to swim. God bless you. Lynn Johnston

Dave, thank you so very much for the encouraging message about “blooming where God has planted you.” My wife and I are serving the LORD at Worley Community Church. We are co-facilitating a married small group study on the “Love and Respect” material. We have thoroughly enjoyed the fellowship, interaction, and encouragement from other couples. I am pursuing a Doctorate in Ministry online, which has been a challenge for sure. Your thoughts have encouraged me to be a dedicated, servant of the LORD as He has called me to show the love of Christ to the developmentally disabled adults I am honored to serve and my co-workers. My wife and I believe the LORD is calling us to open a coffe house ministry here in Coeur d’ Alene, ID. We are excited to serve Him and grow in our journey of faith together. God bless you and your fmaily.