Ambassadors Carry Hope to the World

4 comments Written on July 26th, 2011 by
Categories: Alumni, General, Missions

Message From the Alumni Director

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:3-6

Spending time in prayer this past week during our weekly team meeting, I was so encouraged to listen in as each staff member expressed such heartfelt and meaningful prayers for our alumni. Coming from a place of sincere and earnest devotion, each request – practical, spiritual, and emotional alike – was brought before the Lord together. Prayer for the Moore’s serving in Indonesia with their current opportunity for assisting others in discovering a love for Bible translation, for the Steffan’s serving in Spain and the advancement of the gospel through their work with the English Advance program and one by one, states and countries were listed off: Russia, Chad, California, the Middle East, Washington, Israel, Burkina Faso, Oaxaca. I was reminded again of the great privilege it is to partner together with our alumni as we pray for the impact they are having around the world.

Alumnus Makes National News

The following day, I picked up a national daily newspaper, with one of the widest circulations of any paper throughout the United States, and featured on the front page in this week’s cover story was none other than a Multnomah alum! Around the world, throughout the states, and across the globe, our graduates have been dispersed our graduates as lights—beacons of hope—ambassadors for His kingdom.

One of the most rewarding components of my job, as Director of Alumni Relations, is the ability to tangibly see expressions of God’s faithfulness being carried out in the lives and ministries beyond these walls. As I hear your stories and read your updates I can’t help but think that the ministry of Multnomah, and the work of the gospel in building His kingdom continues in YOU. As Paul’s prayed: “I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”

Lights in Dark Places

Whether you find yourself living abroad in a third world country, or at home here in America—Whether serving in a vocational ministry, at a fortune 500 firm in Corporate America, or within your own home; my prayer is that the work of the gospel would be lived out through you. It is as we receive His grace within our own lives, respond to Him in humble dependence and display His glory that our lives become beacons of hope for a lost and dying world.

As I thank God for you today, remembering you in prayer, I am asking Him to be at work completing the good work He has begun. I am praying that you would come to know Him more fully, more intimately; and more deeply so that His life and light would shine through you in whatever capacity you may find yourselves serving in.

Partnered together in touching our world,

Michelle M. Peel (MA’10, BA’00)
Director of Alumni Relations
Multnomah University

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Director of Alumni Relations

4 comments “Ambassadors Carry Hope to the World”

Thank You for your prayers. Having graduated in 65/66, there are still major decisions in these times as to where God is leading, what He wants me to do
with the rest of my life…and serving where I am planted or where He wants
to transplant me!

Gratefully, Jan Wimberley

Hi Michelle!
Just finished reading & listening to the whole blog.
Dr. Dan’s words were so refreshing. Integrity in today’s worlds
seems in short supply!

Sept. 22-24 I will be at Stonecroft HQ–praying God’s will in regard
to continuing as a District Consulting Coord.
Also am praying about short term missions trip to Tel-Aviv, Israel
Oct. 27-Nov.5, sharing the Gospel & having music ministry on the
beach and in the streets. (I’m not a beach person…but the Lord knows
all that!)

It seems I am at a “crossroads” in my life, and need God’s clear
direction. Currently I am mentoring the new Women’s Ministries
leader at the church I attend, and she has some fresh ideas, so we
are spending much time in prayer for clarity, and the Lord grows dearer
to us daily.
Thanking God for you and Multnomah,
Margaret Canavan

Michelle, thanks so very much for the words of encouragment and your prayers. My wife and I are trusting the LORD’s leadership to guide our marriage, use our God-given spiritual giftedness to share the love of Jesus Christ in word, deed, and lifestyle as we make ourselves available as His servants. We recently have had some financial challenges and some transmission issues with our van, but, we are confident that the LORD is in control. God bless you and your ministry. In Him, Steve Sisk.

As I hear your stories and read your updates I can’t help but think that the ministry of Multnomah, and the work of the gospel in building His kingdom continues in YOU