Traveler, Photographer, Student

1 Comment » Written on December 31st, 2011 by
Categories: General, Students

Multnomah University just couldn't be what it is without its students. This post is part of a new series written by students, about students. Our hope is that prospective students can get a feel for what the student body is like and alumni can get to know who it is that they support.

Larisa has traveled all over the world, ministering to youth and taking pictures on the way. Come see why we like her so much!

Larisa Warren

Hometown: Washougal, WA

Class: Junior

Major(s): Bible and Youth Ministry

What is your favorite class?

So far Acts-Philemon with Dr. Christiansen is my favorite class. I am still applying things that I learned in that class. It taught me to ask questions and search for answers to them in a way that no other class has up to this point.

What do you plan to do after graduation?
I hope to go overseas and work with MKs (Missionary/Military Kids) in some form or another. I love high-school students in general, but God has given me a passion for working with them full time in other countries. The exact location is still undecided, but I'm up for wherever God wants me to go!

What are some of your hobbies?
I love traveling! The further the better. I have been to Ireland, England, Nepal and Germany. I also enjoy photography, swing dance, white water rafting, and watching movies.

Any words of wisdom to incoming freshmen?
Don't waste your time when you get here. It is way shorter than you think and before you know it you will be registering for your last semester and wondering where all the time went? Challenge yourselves, take the “hard classes”, and ask lots of questions.

Meet More Students

See the rest of the series.

Tags: , ,

One Response to “Traveler, Photographer, Student”

I like the point about not wasting your time. I think most people are surprised just how fast college flies by. You have this one chance to make friends, learn about life, nail down your degree, and then it’s over! That doesn’t have to be a bad thing, the whole point is it’s precious and finite, don’t let it slip by unnoticed…