Letter From The First Graduating Class

Comments Off Written on February 16th, 2012 by
Categories: 75th Anniversary, Alumni, General, Pray For MU, Students

As you can imagine, tracking down students who were here from our founding class in Fall 1936 and graduated with their diploma in Spring 1939 is quite challenging. Many are not well enough to travel, but in this very special 75th Anniversary homecoming week we are celebrating, we are so thankful for the special letter we received from one of these very alum! See what the Class of 1939 has to say to you today!

Letter from Virginia Cornell Martin Class of 1939

February 1, 2012

Greetings and Congratulations for Multnomah’s 75 years! It was an honor to be invited to the 75th celebration at Multnomah, but due to health problems, I am unable to be with you. I do want to write a note to say that Multnomah had much influence on my life.

My father, Ross Cornell, Sr., was on the first Board of Trustees of Multnomah so I was naturally urged to attend this newly founded school. I am so thankful for the years spent in the rich teaching of His word.

After graduation from Multnomah in the first class, I married a recent graduate from Dallas Theological Seminary and together we had, until Jim’s home-going, 51 years of ministry in Baptist Churches in California and Oregon. I was thankful for the good training I had in preparation for becoming a pastor’s wife.

I look back and thank the Lord for leading me to Multnomah and the spirit-filled teachers in those early years. May God continue for many more years to bless and use Multnomah to His honor and glory.

Gratefully,

Virginia Cornell Martin (Class of 1939)

Tags: , , , ,

About the Author:
http://learyconsulting.com
Marketing consultant at Leary Consulting.