Africa, England, Around the World

3 comments Written on May 4th, 2012 by
Categories: Alumni, General, Missions

Message from the Alumni Director

“…I am convinced now more than ever before—there is no better way to be investing my life.” Dr. Pamela Reeve

I recently returned from international travel, and have seen God at work through the lives of our alumni. I witnessed women like Kathy Bisset (Grad Cert '81), serving alongside her husband Bill, training up indigenous pastors and church leaders in Uganda, East Africa. Men and women like Alex (MDiv ‘10) and Faith (BS ‘11) Mutagubya, grounded in the truth of Scripture and presenting the importance of a real relationship with Jesus Christ to this impoverished country.

I observed men like Sky Cady (BS ‘03), in a country that is less than 5 % Christian, breathing new life into the Church of England. He demonstrates practical relationship with God and the work of Holy Spirit within our lives. I also observed men like Peter Mead (M Div ‘04), developing pastors and preachers in Chippenham, England and multiplying believers around the world with a heart after God’s own.

I love my Job

I feel as if I’ve gained a renewed passion for my work as director of alumni relations. I am reminded once again of why it is that I love my job, and invest my time into the ministry God is doing at Multnomah University. Around the world and throughout our cities, Multnomah alumni are making a difference for eternity. In just a few short weeks we’ll be commissioning another 159 graduates who will join you in reflecting Christ’s light around the globe—Equipped, enriched and encouraged to be a transforming force within their churches, their communities and their world. Will you please join me in praying for these as the Lord leads them into different places where His light can be seen?

Around the world, throughout our cities and here at home in Portland, Oregon our alumni are Reflecting the Light of Christ! As I walked out of church Sunday before last, I thanked our senior pastor, Dr. Mike Roth (BS ‘00, M Div ‘03), for his careful exposition of Scripture that morning in our study of Revelation 17. In expressing my thanks to him, he returned the appreciation: “I learned it all from Multnomah”, he said, “Keep up the great work, sister!”

Reflecting with Reeve

As I thought about Mike’s words, I remembered a conversation with Dr. Pam Reeve earlier this year. After she had spent some time reading through many letters from former students, she shared with me: “As I read through correspondence from alumni ministering around the world and see the impact they are having, I am convinced, now more than ever, that there is no better way to have invested my life.”

As I think about the impact you are having and the privilege it is to serve the alumni community, I couldn’t agree more. It is a great privilege, indeed, to be a part of the work God is doing in and through the lives of our alumni. I trust that He is at work in you today as well. Whether you are serving on a foreign mission field, in a pastoral role, in corporate America or in your home, I pray that His light is shining brightly.

On the Flip Side

As we commemorate this diamond anniversary, with our theme of “75 Years of Reflecting the Light of Christ”, we would love to hear how God is using your Multnomah experience to reflect His light!

In a few months we’ll be launching a video series we are calling “On the Flip Side” where you’ll have an opportunity to share with the Multnomah community how God is at work within your lives. Stay tuned for future announcements for how you can get involved… On the Flip Side!

Glad to be serving with you,

Michelle M. Peel (BA’00, MA ’10)
Director of Alumni Relations
Multnomah University
Multnomah Bible College, Multnomah Biblical Seminary

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Director of Alumni Relations

3 comments “Africa, England, Around the World”

Michelle,
Thank you for sharing the mosaic of people living out the passions and purposes they developed at Multnomah. I think often about how grateful I am for the gift of attending. I wouldn’t be the person I am today if I’d decided not to put my life on hold to pursue my dream of studying at Multnomah.

Keep up the amazing work!

We are honored to be among those that have been privileged to use our Multnomah education to make Christ known around the world. Our service in Laos was the socially opposite of our ministry with internationals in USA, and Multnomah’s loving investment in us continues to be a blessing.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts here, Cherrie, John and Dotty :) It is such a pleasure to serve such amazing men and women of Multnomah University! May His love and light continue to be seen in and through you, Michelle