Put A Lion On It!
Want to be an "extra" on the TV show Portlandia? Well, here's your chance to appear in a special filming on Multnomah's campus! You won't get paid, but you'll probably have a great day and laugh a lot...and there's the whole cool TV show thing...And yeah, we know it's weird to do this at a conservative Christian college. (Is that irony? Discuss.)
We'll follow up on this post with more details and updates on Monday morning, 7/16. But still, read everything.
Where: Multnomah's Portland campus
When: Monday, July 16 (that's THIS Monday)
Time: Plan on arriving before noon (12pm) and commit to at least 4 hrs
Who: MU students, recent alum and anyone living in Portland who meets the following:
Age: Anyone between 18-30-something
Other: We might only need 30, but might take 200...and some might go home and some might need to stay all day. Can you handle that?
- Dress like a student
- Bring a computer, ipad, backpack, notebook, or anything that a typical student might bring to a classroom lecture
- Be well groomed (unless previously stated), a Portland beard can be "well-groomed", am I right?
- Bring a pen
- Bring a book, magazine, ipad, gameboy, crosswords, coloring book... something to entertain yourself (there will be downtime)
- Plan your outfit well in advance or pack what you are planning to take with you
- Bring a few (2-3) options of shirt or jacket, shoes and accessories
- For ladies, if you are wearing heels, consider also bringing flats. These can be more comfortable for standing around in.
- Prepare for the weather in case of an outdoor shot. For sunny days you may need sun-screen. For rainy days you may need coats and umbrella. For cold days remember warm clothes, etc.
- Try to ride TriMet or carpool (be kind to MU's neighbors when parking)
- Wear prominent shirts or pants with patterns, small stripes, name brand logos (NIKE and ADIDAS is ok), or bright solid colors (MU gear has been totally approved, however!)
- Assume that you'll get in the show no matter what.
- Flake out once you've signed
- Be a diva or meanie
Sign Up Here!
Seriously, leave a comment here, in the comments section below. We just need a general idea. Then come to Mitchell Library on the Multnomah University campus.
If you want inside scoopage on this opportunity, then email email@example.com and we'll get back to you Monday morning with more.
We'll follow up on this post with more details and updates on Monday morning, 7/16.