“I could spend the rest of life here.”

By May 8th, 2013

One of the reasons that I love Multnomah is that it seeks to honor those who have served well. Recently, we had a chapel to honor Prof. Daniel Christiansen, soon to be Dr Dan. In our recent cuts, he lost his teaching position after 18 years. Multnomah did not want to loose him and for him it felt like a death. He loves teaching and loves students even more. One of the men of Aslan’s How recently said, “No offense G, but he was my favorite Bible teacher at Multnomah.” He is often in pain from the injuries of a past car accident. He knows suffering, but his trust in the suffering God is greater than his pain. His commitment of caring for elderly parents will keep him in the Portland area. This is perfect since we are praying that his time away from Multnomah will be temporary. He described walking onto campus as a student. After five minutes, he said to himself, “I could spend the rest of my life here.” The honor chapel ended with the whole school praying in unity that he would be back soon. We are praying for a huge new class of freshmen so that Prof Dan will be able to spend the rest of his life at the college he and I both love.

G

I’ll be the commencement speaker at our graduation Friday May 10 at 7:30pm at Rolling Hills Community Church, 3550 SW Borland Rd, Tualatin, OR 97062

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 at 12:01 am and is filed under Fortnightly. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.