“The Wall” is coming

By February 25th, 2014

The day has finally come.  Six months waiting and preparing are down to 24 hrs until take off.  “Houston, Portland, Kigali, we don’t have a problem and are ready for lift off.”  My eyes are better than ever after two surgeries, and I begin teaching my Old Testament Survey class on March 3!

Alan Hotchkiss, our U.S. director, gave me a warning.  “In four months in Rwanda you will hit a wall.  The good news is that you know it is coming.  The bad news is that you know it is coming.”  June 28, 2014 is the due date for the wall.  I have it marked on my calendar.  I’ve already started to pray it will be a great day and I’ll climb the wall, stand on it and shout “Praise God.”  My next Friesen Fortnightly will be from Rwanda, the land of a thousand hills.

G

Don’t “return” this to write me, but rather write directly at gfriesen@multnomah.edu

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 25th, 2014 at 3:01 pm and is filed under Fortnightly. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.