“0.5 Class-B Miracle”

By March 12th, 2017

Preparation for hip replacement surgery is a kin to a finals exam.  I was given 150 pages of information.  This scribal over-kill for total hip arthroplasty introduces a “pain chart” with ten faces.  The faces and corresponding pain numbers give a tangible way to answer the midnight nurse when they wake you from wonderful sleep to ask, “What level is your pain?”  The only certain thing they reminded us, like an African drum beat, was that it will NEVER be “zero”.  Amen, I thought, remembering the right hip replacement.  After surgery there was no pain.  Day two “zero”.  I decided to agree with the 150 pages of medical material, yet let them know the wonderful truth.  “Pain level?”  I answered, “My pain is 0.5”  “How much pain killer?” “None, but I am 0.5”  I am calling it the “0.5 class B miracle”.  Once home I was able to quadruple the Physical therapy exercises and walk 90 minutes a day.  Today is day eleven.  Pain?  Praise the Lord for “0.5”

Rwandan Rookie, G

To help Africa Bible in Community (ABC) with expenses for creating Matthew 4:4 meetings and ABC Pastor Training, Send check to “Imago Dei–Dr G for ABC”.   1302 SE Ankeny St, Portland, OR 97214  Or  on-line giving:  https://imagodei.webconnex.com/GFriesen     Questions? 503-231-5096

To contact me directly:     garryfriesen3335@gmail.com

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 12th, 2017 at 12:19 am and is filed under Fortnightly. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.