We often get messages from people around the world asking questions about what we believe, or what our stance is on [insert your subject here]...below is a great example of one of those. President Dan Lockwood took a moment to answer.
Posts Tagged ‘Bible’
Categories: Alumni, Dr. Lockwood, Faculty, General, Pray For MU, Programs, Seminary
In case you missed our press release about the new Master of Arts in Counseling (MAC) program, or the one about Dr. Elizabeth List, the Psychology department chair and faculty member directing the MAC program - we have the whole scoop here.
The long awaited Master of Arts in Counseling program is accepting applicants into the upcoming Fall Semester - and the response has been very positive!
4 Facts You Should Know:
- Fully Accredited: Multnomah's MAC program is accredited by ABHE and NWCCU.
- Licensure: Multnomah's MAC program meets the educational requirements for licensure and is approved by the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists based on the fact that Multnomah is a regionally accredited institution.
- Stronger Bible: There are many MAC programs out there, but what makes the MU program unique is that Bible and theology is the foundation on which it is built. We are committed to Biblically-grounded counseling as a ministry - not just a profession.
- Accessible: With classes taking place one night per week and small cohort-style groups forming throughout the year, it is an ideal program for busy professionals looking to get qualified for a career in counseling - especially Christian counseling.
We are looking to build an FAQ page to answer questions, so let us know what we should put on it! Also, I will be interviewing Dr. List in the coming weeks, so I will be sure to ask her your questions for you!
In the meantime, I hear that there are many applicants already - so if you want in, you probably should contact Admissions right away to find out how!
Well-known fact: The NIV Bible translation is celebrating its 30th anniversary
Only slightly less well-known fact: Multnomah University will play a part in the festivities
Even as you read this, a four-person team is touring 90 U.S. cities in a custom RV, inviting people to hand-write a single verse of the Bible. 31,173 verses (and people) later, they will have compiled what Zondervan Bible Publishers is calling "America's NIV," a handwritten Bible which will be reproduced and sold, complete with an index of everyone who participated in the project. The original copy will be donated to the Smithsonian Institute.
Would you like your scrivenery added to the 31, 172 others' featured in America's NIV? What are you waiting for? Grab your pen and come on down...
- Where: Multnomah University at 8435 Northeast Glisan Street, Portland, Oregon 97220
- When: Friday, January 30, 2009 from 10am to 4pm
- How Much: Admission is free
See you there.
Visit Bible Across America's website for a list of locations, real-time GPS tracking of the team's current location, and more.
93.9 KPDQ fm radio is a co-sponsor of the Portland tour stop here on campus, and huge supporter of Multnomah University, frequently featuring our faculty members as guests and substitute hosts.
If you would like more information about Bible Across America's stop at Multnomah University, leave a comment and we will reply to you as soon as we can.