Needless to say, we're excited about this year's Global Ministries Conference. In fact, we're so excited, we've launched a new section dedicated completely to the event. For the first time ever, you have online access to:
- The complete online workshop schedule
- A list of participating mission organizations
- Audio files for all workshops (as they become available)
Check out what we have so far, and come back to hear some of the exciting sessions as they're uploaded. Better yet, come down to the conference for yourself and see it all firsthand! Here are some of the highlights:
Monday, February 23
Missionary Appreciation Reception – Rub elbows with missionaries and hear firsthand stories of life in the field. This event is an opportunity to honor them for their work and self-sacrifice.
Tuesday, February 24
Real Life Stories from the Field – Enjoy stories from around the world as missionaries share what the Lord is doing in their corner of the globe.
Thursday, February 26
Focus on Culture – Enjoy food, music, and stories from around the world, and explore other cultures that have arrived at Multnomah through international students.
Friday, February 27
A Day to Serve – Multnomah students will go out into the Portland community to practice what they've been hearing about all week through local ministry.
- Dramatizations of the lives of well-known missionaries such as Lottie Moon, Jim and Elizabeth Elliot, Fannie Crosby and William Borden (whose quote "No reserves, no retreats, no regrets" is the theme of the conference).
- Workshop sessions taught by mission reps, faculty from Multnomah and Western Seminary, and others who specialize in missions.
- 24 tables, manned by mission agency representatives prepared to answer questions and share opportunities with visitors.