Yesterday, Seminary professor Dr. Paul Louis Metzger was the guest on The Georgene Rice Show. She had him in to talk about his new book - a commentary on the Gospel of John titled "When Love Comes To Town".
Posts Tagged ‘mp3’
Categories: Books, Faculty, General, Media, Seminary
Categories: General, Media, Pray For MU
Recently, Multnomah President Dr. Daniel Lockwood was on The Georgene Rice Show to discuss a major piece of rule-making on the part of the federal government that threatens to create a layer of governmental oversight of private institutions that also opens the door for various forms of discrimination against institutions who have a faith-based mission.
Categories: Alumni, Faculty, General, Media, Seminary
(See the Podcasted Show announcement below)
We've recently signed an agreement to be the primary sponsor of the very well-known Georgene Rice Show.
- The show will now be broadcast from the "Multnomah Studios at KPDQ"
- We've partnered up to sponser her podcasts and the call-in phone line
- There will be a new segment called "Ask the Professor"...(for which they've opened up a competition for Multnomah people to write and produce the segment jingle for it! - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on how you can be famous)
- Ms. Rice will bring her show to the Multnomah campus (Portland) 3 times/year now
- There are more items to add to this list, but it's long enough for a blog post!
Our President, Dr. Dan Lockwood, went on air live last Monday (4/19) to discuss the new agreement. We've posted the mp3 podcast here for your enjoyment. You'll hear a Multnomah Biblical Seminary radio commercial to start it out and then Dr. Dan comes on at about the 8-minute mark. So simply scroll over to go straight to that if you like. (But the whole show is great! Hello, Georgene!).[audio:http://blogs.multnomah.edu/University/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/GR-04-19-10.mp3]
Categories: Alumni, Faculty, General
We finally got our hands on the audio from Dr. Willard Aldrich's memorial service. We've decided to post it because of the large number of requests for it that we've gotten from folks who wanted to hear it. We've also posted the entire program from the service as well.
Wilard Aldrich Memorial
Categories: Alumni, Faculty, General, Media
I recently ran across a recording of Dr. Lockwood preaching at Laurelwood Baptist Church on May 31, 2009. It was pretty good (even if he wasn't the boss around here, I'd still say it was good!). I recommend it.
Intimacy With God
He preaches for 31 minutes about Gideon's Ephod from Judges 8
Hear It[audio: http://blogs.multnomah.edu/University/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/intimacy-with-god-5-31-09.mp3]
Want a Faculty Speaker?
Multnomah can help you with your pulpit supply, preaching or speaking event.
Categories: Faculty, Media
With the unique election season we've been in, the subject has been brought into the mainstream media. Georgene Rice and Multnomah thought that providing accurate information about Black Liberation Theology would be a helpful antidote to the cursory (and sometimes wrong) descriptions that have peppered media broadcasts in the past months.
Listen to the Recording
- Georgene Rice for her willingness to educate the Portland and Seattle Metro areas
- Dr. LeRoy Haynes, President of North Portland Bible College for providing his perspective
- Drs. Brad Harper and Paul Louis Metzger for being willing to discuss the issues of the day
I'm so grateful for the diversity of thought and academic freedom that is evident in Christian Higher Education. I truly enjoy seeing the different views and debates from differing perspectives on campus. Furthermore, the fact that Multnomah, as an institution, takes no stand on political subjects or candidates seems to really free up the individuals here to discuss freely - and that's a good thing.
Read our Doctrinal Statement to know our official word on theological subjects. We are a community with many different voices - but the one that ultimately represents MU can be found in this very useful document.