Yesterday, Seminary professor Dr. Paul Louis Metzger was the guest on The Georgene Rice Show. She had him in to talk about his new book - a commentary on the Gospel of John titled "When Love Comes To Town".
Posts Tagged ‘rice’
Categories: Books, Faculty, General, Media, Seminary
Categories: Alumni, Dr. Lockwood, Faculty, General, Pray For MU, Students
Let me start by saying "thank you!" to all of you who faithfully pray for the ministry of Multnomah.
- Dr. Dan and Eric Rice as they travel to the Alaska Student Aid Banquet, Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 7:00pm at ChangePoint Church in Anchorage Alaska
- Multnomah staff, faculty and students who are travelling around the world in support of missionaries or on vacation.
- Alumni missionaries
- Staff who have been laid off or downgraded in hours - that they would find a new place to work before their MU end-date of June 30th, 2009 arrives.
- For ProCom and the Web Team as they embark on the Website redesign this summer and fall - while maintaining all the rest of MU's communications tools and current site.
- For our Advancement Department who is out in the field seeking donors to support scholarships and student aid.
- For new students who are still on the fence about coming to Multnomah - that they would make a confident decision for Multnomah if that is God's will for them.
- For the safety and energy of our Campus Services department as they embark on the many facilities projects this summer.
Thank you all for your prayers. May they be answered in the form of many future generations of ministers who love Jesus, know their Bibles, and advance God's kingdom.
With the unique election season we've been in, the subject has been brought into the mainstream media. Georgene Rice and Multnomah thought that providing accurate information about Black Liberation Theology would be a helpful antidote to the cursory (and sometimes wrong) descriptions that have peppered media broadcasts in the past months.
Listen to the Recording
- Georgene Rice for her willingness to educate the Portland and Seattle Metro areas
- Dr. LeRoy Haynes, President of North Portland Bible College for providing his perspective
- Drs. Brad Harper and Paul Louis Metzger for being willing to discuss the issues of the day
I'm so grateful for the diversity of thought and academic freedom that is evident in Christian Higher Education. I truly enjoy seeing the different views and debates from differing perspectives on campus. Furthermore, the fact that Multnomah, as an institution, takes no stand on political subjects or candidates seems to really free up the individuals here to discuss freely - and that's a good thing.
Read our Doctrinal Statement to know our official word on theological subjects. We are a community with many different voices - but the one that ultimately represents MU can be found in this very useful document.