In a bold step to make Multnomah an easier choice for those who are undecided, and to help current students better afford the cost of tuition, Multnomah Bible College has introduced the Tuition Relief Scholarship, which gives students the opportunity to take up to $3000 worth of classes for free during the upcoming academic year.
The Tuition Relief Scholarship was designed by Multnomah University President Dr. Daniel Lockwood and his senior leadership team as a response to the current challenges in the slumping American economy.
"All of us are feeling the pinch of these challenging economic times," Multnomah President Daniel Lockwood said. "The Tuition Relief Scholarship is one solution to help keep a biblically-centered Multnomah education as affordable as possible. Turbulent economic times remind us of this impermanent world; the TRS makes studying the permanent Word more attainable for students."
"The value of higher education to the community should not be forgotten," Vice President of Enrollment Management Gina Berquist said. "I'm excited about how this Scholarship ties directly into our mission and makes a Multnomah education an even better investment. I hope that students will be excited and successful because of this unprecedented opportunity to finish classes sooner, and do it for less money."
To earn the Tuition Relief Scholarship, students must be enrolled for a minimum of 14 credits in a Bible College undergraduate program offered on the Portland, Oregon campus. If a student enrolls in 14 credits, they will then get every additional credit up to 17 free - for a total of up to $1500 per semester.
- Students can take advantage of this scholarship during the Fall and Spring semesters of the 2009-2010 academic year, for a total discount of up to $3000.
- There is no application to fill out, all undergraduate students taking over 14 credits will automatically receive the scholarship for the amount of credits registered over 14.
- Online, bridge, and Adult Degree Completion classes are not eligible.
- Scholarship is not available for Seminary, Non-Seminary Graduate, Reno-Tahoe, or Connect students.
- Students paying the employee discount tuition rate are not eligible.
- Credits at 17.5 and above are still offered at the normal rate of ½-price.
- Scholarship will be applied to student bills after the add/drop deadline of September 4, 2009.
- Scholarship is available until undergraduate enrollment has met full capacity.
For more questions or further clarification on the Tuition Relief Scholarship, please contact one of the following departments:
About Multnomah University
Multnomah University is a fully accredited, private, non-denominational, Christian institution of higher education, located in Portland, Oregon. Made up of an undergraduate Bible college, a biblical seminary, graduate programs, an adult degree completion program, and an online distance-learning program, Multnomah issues bachelor's and master's degrees, and professional certifications and endorsements.