The Biblical Foundations major is for those wanting to effectively integrate biblical and theological truth with contemporary life and thought.
Students who enter this program will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree with a major in Biblical Foundations.
The courses in the Bible Core are:
- O.T. Pentateuch
- O.T. Historical Books
- O.T. Prophetic Books
- O.T. Poetic and Wisdom Literature
- N.T. Gospels
- N.T. Acts & Pauline Letters
- N.T. Hebrews-Revelation
- Inductive Bible Study
- History of Christianity
The courses in the Theology Core are:
- Introduction to Philosophy and Christian Thought
- Christian Ethics
- Doctrine of Bibliology & Theology Proper
- Doctrine of the Holy Spirit and Angels
- Doctrine of Christ, Salvation, Humanity and Sin
- Doctrine of the Church & Future Things
- Capstone Seminar on Doctrine
- 48 semester hours in 23 months
- 4 semesters consisting of 4 courses per semester
- 5 week courses meeting only one night a week (Mon. or Thurs. from 6:00-10:00p.m.)
- Cohort model consisting of 10-20 students
- Student and discussion centered learning model
Biblical Foundations - Graduation Requirements
To graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Foundations, students must:
- Complete 124 semester hours with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- Complete the 48 semester hours in the Degree Completion Program with a grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- Complete the 41 semester hours of Electives required by the College.
- Complete the 50 semester hours in the General Education Core of the College including:
- Communication (8 hours):
English Composition (6) and Public Speaking (2)
- Humanities (14 hours):
Fine Arts (2), *Philosophy (3), and *Ethics (3)
Literature (3), Other Humanities (3)
- Social Science (18 hours):
*History of Christianity (3 hours)
Natural (lab) Science and Math (9 hours)
Non-history social science (3 hours), and Other Social Science (3 hours)
- General Education Elective (4 hours)
- Choose from Humanities or Social Science
- Religious Studies (6 hours):
*Pentateuch (3) and *Gospels (3)
- *Courses in the Degree Completion Program may meet part of this requirement.
- Complete the required number of student ministry credits for the program
- Fulfill all financial obligations to MBC.
- Satisfy the Christian Service requirements as described in the Student Handbook.
The semester hours required for graduation with a Bachelor of Arts are:
|General Education Requirements
|Adult Degree Completion Program
|Gen. Educ. Req. in DCP
|Major core in DCP
|Total Hours to Graduate