Are you lacking the 48 needed credits to start a cohort? Multnomah offers alternative ways for students to achieve needed credits before joining a cohort and starting a program major. Students transferring at least 24 semester hours of credit can apply as a Pre-DCP Cohort student and use a variety of options to achieve credit.
You can complete these credits through the following options:
Credit by Examination
A maximum of 30 semester hours of credit can be transferred through the following options:
- CLEP (College Level Examination Program)
- Dantes Subject Standardized Tests (DTTS)
- Military Credit earned (as shown on your DD214 or official military transcript)
Students may use online courses for general education requirements and electives. All online courses are offered in conjunction with the Consortium of Online Christian Colleges (COCC).
- Multiple start-dates throughout the year
- Classes are asynchronous (you do not need to be online at a certain time)
- Interact with classmates and instructors through forums and e-mail
- Work at your own pace to meet each deadline
- Courses last between 6-12 weeks depending on the start date
Questions? Contact the Degree Completion Office for further information.
General education and elective requirements can be met with five-week, modular, evening courses offered on campus. New courses are available at five-week intervals.
- Courses follow the same format as the DCP courses
- Each course offered about once a year
- Cohort model of 10-20 students
- Meet general education and/or elective credit requirements
- Classes generally rotate between Tuesdays evenings or Saturday mornings
Download Bridge Schedule: