Jesus calls women and men from every generation to develop missional communities of followers who declare and display the glory of God in faith, hope and love. While much about pastoral ministry has changed over the generations, its central concerns of biblical preaching, congregational leading, and soul-care remain the same.
What is the training about?
The Pastoral Ministries department develops women and men who engage in redemptive leadership through spiritual direction and soul care, ministerial leadership, and relevant biblical preaching.
Redemptive Leadership – a gospel-centered transformational leadership that practices …
- Spiritual Direction and Soul Care – the nurturance and care of people helping them experience the presence of God and follow Christ in obedience.
- Ministerial Leadership – ability to lead one’s self, another person, a small group and a larger group to pursue the mission of the church.
- Relevant biblical preaching – interpret the world of an audience and the meaning of the Word of God and then communicate with an audience how to live wisely from the Bible.
What good is this training in the redemptive leadership of Pastoral Ministry?
- If you desire to be a part of developing a community of faith where you can know others and be known by others in an authentic way, love and be loved, serve and be served, celebrate and be celebrated, and have a part in leading this group to accomplish the redemptive purpose of Christ, then maybe the Pastoral Major is for you.
- If you desire advanced studies in many fields like: theology, preaching, counseling, spiritual direction, leadership, and others, then maybe this major is for you.
- Maybe somebody told you that you cannot make a difference … maybe because you are too young or maybe because you are a woman. Church history tells again and again the story of young women and men who God uses to impact their generation. What if God wanted to use you to advance his kingdom in your life time?
- The hope of the world is found in the local church. Why not join the adventure?
Take A Look:
Meet Your Professors
pastoral ministry Courses: