We believe that an aspect of our worship is the care that we give to our bodies, which are temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19). It is important to care for our bodies as we pursue spiritual, intellectual and personal growth.
The Ellen Swope Wellness Center is here to provide students with support, resources and care for issues involving your health. The Wellness Center is open to all students, staff, and faculty, along with their spouses and/or children. It is located in the JCA Student Center and is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. No appointments are necessary and walk-ins are welcome. The Wellness Center is closed during school breaks and the summer.
Here’s to your health!
The Wellness Center services are confidential and include but are not limited to:
- First aid and emergency care
- Treatment of minor injuries and illnesses (no prescription drugs available)
- Over-the-counter medications and pregnancy test kits are available for purchase (students are required to pay cash for all medicines received at the time of the purchase)
- Loan of equipment (a fee will be charged for their use if not returned within the pre-arranged time)
- Strep throat and mononucleosis screenings are available for a nominal fee. Blood sugar tests and urinalysis can also be performed.