Be a source of inspiration and hope
Sharpen your leadership skills and hone your God-given talents as you lay the groundwork for the next exciting step on your career path. This major will prepare you for a career in service to a church, parachurch organization or nonprofit organization by teaching you the key principles of ministry leadership. You’ll also grow in your knowledge of the Bible and the relational skills necessary to lead organizations.
- Complete the program in as little as 22 months.
- Attend class one night a week (Monday or Thursday from 6 to 10 p.m.).
- Take one course at a time.
- Experience a discussion-centered learning model.
- Learn from faculty members with ministry experience.
What you’ll learn
- A thorough understanding of the Bible and theological concepts
- How to communicate successfully with others in a way that fosters greater understanding
- An understanding of the various structures and functions commonly found in churches
- The abilities and skills required to effectively lead others
- The strategies most useful in evangelism and discipleship as gleaned from the life of Christ
- How to prepare and deliver an effective biblical message
- The biblical and psychological principles applied to counseling