Earn a degree you can count on
An accounting degree is an investment that will pay off for the rest of your life. You’ll have access to countless career opportunities and discover endless ways to incorporate biblical principles into your everyday work. Equip yourself with the tools you need to assess financial operations, analyze records, and ensure that organizations run smoothly and efficiently. It’s all possible with a degree in accounting.
- Can be completed in four years (many competing programs take five years)
- Designed to allow a seamless flow into an MA in Accountancy degree
- Graduates are eligible to sit for the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) professional certifications
- Meets licensing requirements in most states, including Oregon, Washington and Idaho
- Graduates are well situated for employment and graduate work, which is critical for students desiring to gain the CPA certification
Prepare for your profession with certifications
Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Multnomah University’s business curriculum has the necessary requirements to sit for the CMA exam in a student’s senior year. There are two parts to the standard exam and a mastery of 11 critical practice areas in management accounting. Once a student completes the CMA exam, they are eligible to gain two-years of qualified field experience to become a globally recognized CMA. A student who completes their CMA can pursue a career in finance, accounting or management.
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Students with a business major from Multnomah University are qualified to take the CFE exam. Once a graduated student completes the CFE exam, they are able to become a certified CFE after a few years of experience. The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential denotes proven expertise in fraud prevention, detection and deterrence.