B.A. in Accounting
Earn a degree you can count on
With access to countless career opportunities, an accounting degree is a wise investment for your future. Equip yourself with the tools you need to assess financial operations, analyze records, and ensure that organizations run smoothly and efficiently. It’s all possible with a degree in accounting.
- Can be completed in four years (many competing programs take five years)
- Designed to allow a seamless flow into an M.A. in Accountancy degree
- Graduates are eligible to sit for the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) professional certifications
- Meets licensing requirements in most states, including Oregon, Washington, and Idaho
- Graduates are well situated for employment and graduate work, which is critical for students desiring to gain the CPA certification
Prepare for your profession with certifications
Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Multnomah University’s business curriculum is comprehensive, preparing students to take the CMA exam in a their senior year. There are two parts to the standard exam and a mastery of 11 critical practice areas in management accounting. Once a student completes the CMA exam, they are eligible to gain two-years of qualified field experience to become a globally recognized CMA. A student who completes their CMA can pursue a career in finance, accounting, or management.
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Multnomah University business majors are qualified to take the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) exam. After completing their B.A. and the CFE exam, our graduates are able to become a certified CFE after a few years of experience. The CFE credential denotes proven expertise in fraud prevention, detection, and deterrence.