B.A. in Global Studies
It’s time to make the world a better place
Our students are touching lives across the globe, and so can you. Choose from five concentrations in this intercultural and interdisciplinary program that let you focus on the things that matter to you most, and put your knowledge to work while you study abroad. By the time you graduate, you’ll be ready to tackle some of the world’s most pressing issues.
- Global Ministry: For those pursuing international mission work, including evangelism, discipleship, church planting, refugee resettlement, and migrant services. This is an excellent concentration for those desiring to pursue graduate studies in Christian leadership, intercultural studies, missiology, and theology.
- Children at Risk: For those who want to work with children (street children, child soldiers, human/child trafficking, child labor, adoption, etc.), community development, international/global development, humanitarian relief, and urban ministries. This concentration is helpful for students desiring to pursue graduate degrees in intercultural studies, childhood studies, social justice, international/global development, public affairs, humanitarian studies, and non-profit management.
- Culture and Diversity: For those working in urban and multi-ethnic centers, multi-ethnic church work, market place, community outreach (public and private), education, public policy, and law enforcement. This is an excellent concentration for those desiring to pursue graduate studies in cultural studies, international affairs, intercultural studies, criminal justice, and social justice.
- Sustainability: For those interested in the intersection of environmental/sustainability studies, faith, and social impact. Upon completing your degree in Global Studies with an emphasis in sustainability, you may find yourself working in one of the following fields: a non-profit in sustainable development work, an environmental mission organization, a climate change focused non-profit, community development, sustainability consultation, public relations, local and state government work. This would be an excellent primer for graduate studies in intercultural studies, environmental studies, social justice, and global development.
- International Studies (through Study Abroad): For those planning to go into regional consulting work, research institutes, mission organizations, foundations, community development, government, and policy development work. This is an excellent concentration for those desiring to pursue graduate degrees in cultural studies, intercultural studies, international affairs, public policy and regional study.
Earn your bachelor’s and master’s degrees in 5 years
Interested in earning an M.A. in Christian Leadership? You can start right now. Through Summit — our accelerated program for high-achieving students — you’ll earn two respected degrees in only five years:
- B.A. in Global Studies from Multnomah University
- M.A. in Christian Leadership (MACL) from Multnomah Biblical Seminary
At a normal pace, it takes four years to earn a B.A. and an extra two years to gain an M.A. As a Summit student, you’ll shave a year off of school and save thousands of dollars without sacrificing opportunities or experience.
Transferring to Multnomah University? No problem. Transfer students can complete Summit in as little as four years. Visit the official Summit page to learn more!