It’s time to make the world a better place
Our students are touching lives across the globe, and so can you. Choose from five concentrations in this intercultural and interdisciplinary program that let you focus on the things that matter to you most – and then put your knowledge to work while you study abroad. By the time you graduate, you’ll be ready to tackle some of the world’s most pressing issues.
- Global Ministry. This is a helpful emphasis for those going into international mission work, including evangelism, discipleship, church planting, refugee resettlement and migrant services. It is also an excellent concentration for those desiring to pursue graduate studies in Christian leadership, intercultural studies, missiology and theology.
- Children at Risk. This is a helpful emphasis for students wanting to work with children (street children, child soldiers, human/child trafficking, child labor, adoption, etc.), community development, international/global development, humanitarian relief and urban ministries. It is also helpful for students desiring to pursue graduate degrees in intercultural studies, childhood studies, social justice, international/global development, public affairs, humanitarian studies and non-profit management.
- Culture and Diversity. This is a helpful emphasis for those working in urban and multi-ethnic centers, multi-ethnic church work, market place, community outreach (public and private), education, public policy and law enforcement. It is also an excellent concentration for those desiring to pursue graduate studies in cultural studies, international affairs, intercultural studies, criminal justice and social justice.
- Applied Linguistics. This is a helpful emphasis for those going into Bible translation, literacy work, culture preservation, general translation, education and development contexts. It is also an excellent concentration for those desiring to pursue graduate studies in anthropology, linguistics, socio-linguistics or teaching English as a second language (TESOL).
- International Regional Studies (through Study Abroad). This is a helpful emphasis for those going into regional consulting work, research institutes, mission organizations, foundations, community development, government and policy development work. It is also an excellent concentration for those desiring to pursue graduate degrees in cultural studies, intercultural studies, international affairs, public policy and regional study.
Earn your bachelor’s + master’s in 5 years
Interested in earning an MA in Christian Leadership degree? You can start right now. Through Summit — our accelerated program for high-achieving students — you’ll earn two respected degrees in only five years:
- BA in Global Studies from Multnomah University
- MA in Christian Leadership (MACL) from Multnomah Biblical Seminary
Normally it takes four years to earn a BA, and an extra two years to gain a master’s. As a Summit student, you’ll shave off a year of school and save thousands of dollars without sacrificing opportunities or experience.
Transferring into MU? No problem: Transfer students can complete Summit in as little as four years. Visit the official Summit page to learn more!
Get the detailed info you need