While some enter our program with the desire to teach on the college level, most have simply fallen in love with the Hebrew Scriptures and want to study it intently for themselves. In the process our graduates are enriched by the mentoring, knowledge, and critical thinking in a way that prepares them for a broad spectrum of career interests — College-level teaching, Bible translation work, church planting, counseling, pastoring, law, business, service occupations (police officers, etc.), secondary education, teaching English as a second language (TESOL), teaching in Third World countries, parenting, and ministry in the local church.
- Read Hebrew with oral proficiency.
- Comprehend texts while reading them aloud in Hebrew.
- Translate with confidence (whether prepared texts or passages on sight).
- Interpret with sensitivity to Hebrew language, literary features and manuscript evidence.
- Appropriate the message of the text for oneself and effectively communicate that message to others.