Teach English across the street or across an ocean
With the continued growth of English as a worldwide language, professionals teaching English to speakers of other languages have numerous opportunities for service in schools, community centers, mission organizations and more. If you’re passionate about engaging the international community, our TESOL programs will prepare you to make a lasting impact on innumerable lives.
- We offer an overseas practicum opportunity. Students have the option to participate in a week-long English Bible Camp in Kobe, Japan.
- We provide on-campus teaching practice through Multnomah’s Community ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) Program.
- Through our coursework, students will receive a balance of the necessary theoretical foundations and practical techniques for professional language teaching. We focus on five big themes during your TESOL education: linguistic knowledge, pedagogical (teaching) skill, cultural competency, professional development, and spiritual formation.
- Our programs seek to help students integrate faith with educational practice.
- Our students are prepared to skillfully serve diverse student populations in the U.S. and around the world.
- BA with a major in TESOL
The major consists of 30 semester hours of Intercultural Studies and Linguistics in addition to the Bible and General Education requirements.
- BA with a minor in TESOL
The minor consists of 18 hours of TESOL and Intercultural Studies coursework Linguistics in addition to the Bible and General Education requirements.