Master of Arts in Nonprofit Management
Gain the management skills you need to excel in a leadership position in the nonprofit sector. Each course in the program seeks to integrate theory and practice in a way that will help students lead and serve in an ever changing, diverse workplace. All courses will be taught from a Christian perspective that embraces strong moral character and ethical practices that are essential to building an effective mission-driven nonprofit organization.
This fully online program requires 30 credit hours and can be completed in 22 months. Complete one 8-week course at a time.
Graduates of the M.A. in Nonprofit Management program will be able to:
- Apply effective management and leadership principles in leading a successful nonprofit organization.
- Employ effective interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills when interacting with others.
- Describe how their Christian worldview influences their approach to leading an organization.
- Build and lead diverse groups of teams that can accomplish organizational goals.
- Implement and follow appropriate financial, legal, and ethical policies and practices that are typical for nonprofit organizations.
- Understand the functions, processes, and strategies that are essential to leading and growing a nonprofit organization.
- Enjoy a discussion-centered learning model
- Learn from respected faculty with experience in the field
- Integrate biblical thinking with sound management practices
There has been significant employment growth in nonprofits that is projected to continue. Some of the jobs available to students who earn their M.A. in Nonprofit Management are:
- Administrator for Nonprofit Organizations
- Advocacy Director
- Community Relations Director
- Corporate Giving Director
- Development Manager
- Director of Family Shelter
- Director of Major Gifts
- Donor Relations Manager
- Executive Director of Nonprofit
- Foundation Director
- Fundraising Manager
- Program Director
- Volunteer Services Director