Put the Word into practice
Our MAC program will inspire you to create an environment for healing rooted in the truth and power of God’s Word. As you immerse yourself in a unique blend of professional coursework with biblical integration, you’ll gain insights from faculty members who are leading scholars and practicing clinicians. You’ll bond with your classmates in our small, community-oriented program. And you’ll gain the in-depth knowledge and firsthand experience you need to excel as a licensed counselor.
- 60 semester credit hours
- 700 hours of internship and practicum
- Classes are Tuesdays or Thursdays, 6–10 p.m.
- Accelerated rate (possible to finish in 2 -3 years)
- Two start dates a year (August and January)
- Small, cohort-style classes
- Knowledgeable professors who are experts in the area of their specialty
- Internship placement services
- Bible and theology integration
- Approved by the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists, OBLPCT
- Spiritual integration
- Healing presence
- Academic foundation
- Professional identity
- Embracing culture & advocacy
Coffee with Counselors
Have you ever considered working in the counseling profession? Are you serving in a related field, such as pastoral or addictions counseling, and needing further skills for your current position? Do you simply want to do something more meaningful and fulfilling with your life?
Join us for Coffee with Counselors on April 14 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. as we hear from counselors about their experience in the field. You will learn from local clinicians who serve in private practice, academia, community mental health, and more. They will dive into topics such as the best and most challenging aspects of counseling, real-life skills you can implement today, training tools, and the various career options in the field. There will also be an open question and answer time. This event is free, and includes a light breakfast.
In partnership with our MAC program, Multnomah University hosts the podcast SMART Counsel, a resource for counselors and anyone interested in mental health.