M.A. in Counseling
Put the Word into practice
Our MAC program will inspire you to create an environment for healing rooted in the truth and power of God’s Word. As you immerse yourself in a unique blend of professional coursework with biblical integration, you’ll gain insights from faculty members who are leading scholars and practicing clinicians. You’ll bond with your classmates in our small, community-oriented program. And you’ll gain the in-depth knowledge and firsthand experience you need to excel as a licensed counselor.
- 60 semester credit hours
- 700 hours of internship and practicum
- Classes are Tuesdays or Thursdays, 6–10 p.m.
- Accelerated rate (possible to finish in 2 -3 years)
- Two start dates a year (August and January)
- No GRE score required for admission
- Small, cohort-style classes
- Knowledgeable professors who are experts in the area of their specialty
- Internship placement support
- Bible and theology integration
- Approved by the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists (OBLPCT)
- Spiritual integration
- Healing presence
- Advocacy & diversity
- Professional identity
- Educational excellence
In partnership with our MAC program, Multnomah University hosts the podcast SMART Counsel, a resource for counselors and anyone interested in mental health.