Stand out from the crowd
Our business program will open the door to a world of possibilities. Work closely with faculty who focus on your career development and spiritual growth while you master the principles you need to make a difference in traditional businesses, nonprofits and international organizations. And emerge with a highly developed skill set that will set you apart as a redeeming presence in any workplace.
- A curriculum grounded in business ethics and focused on sustainability
- An experienced group of professors with broad backgrounds in nonprofit work, finance, sales, operations, strategy and marketing
- A global perspective that trains students to conduct business smoothly and respectfully across cultural borders
- A capstone course in which students create business plans to present to professionals and business leaders, with a competition for seed money to implement the winning plan
The business program at Multnomah provides students with:
- Knowledge and understanding of general business principles and practices, especially as it pertains to ethical conduct and sustainability.
- The ability to identify, analyze, implement and communicate business solutions that integrate a biblical perspective and faith.
- An understanding and ability to communicate how business, as a vocational field, serves and advances the Kingdom of God, serves the Church and benefits community.
- A perspective that exhibits an awareness of how business can be global in its reach, and substantially connected to the local community where it resides and/or conducts business.
- Professional skills with a level of competency that will serve employers, colleagues and employees well.
- An understanding of how to conduct business and interact with a community across cultures and national borders.