Contribute to a healthy future
Gain the knowledge and skills you need to direct, lead, plan and coordinate medical and health services. At Multnomah, we’re committed to equipping your mind and soul for a rewarding career in the rapidly growing healthcare field. That’s why each course you take integrates biblical wisdom with theory and practice, so you can thrive in any setting. Whether you’re seeking a management, supervisory or administrative role, a degree in healthcare management will provide countless opportunities to be a source of healing and strength.
- Enjoy the flexibility and convenience of a fully online program.
- Complete your degree in as little as 25 months.
- Take two, 8-week courses at a time.
- Experience a discussion-centered learning model.
- Learn from respected faculty with experience in the field.
- Integrate biblical wisdom with management practices.
What you’ll learn
- Analyze the factors that lead to the efficient and effective operation of a healthcare organization and how it is organized, managed and financed.
- Evaluate and apply a variety of business tools and technologies to solve problems and make operational decisions.
- Describe effective management strategies to assure successful outcomes for a wide variety of regulatory requirements in healthcare that significantly affect reimbursement and marketability with payers.
- Make leader-level decisions that improve and/or support gains in customer satisfaction to protect market share (customer loyalty) and maximize reimbursement (Value Based Purchasing).
- Demonstrate proficiency in professional communication appropriate to the field of health care.
- Describe some of the ethical, risk and legal issues that healthcare organizations face.
- Appreciate the significance of effective Evidence Based Medical strategies as they relate to individual health outcomes as well as healthcare reimbursement structures.
- Describe how your Christian world view influences management practice.