Online M.A. in Ministry Leadership
Students enrolled in the Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership program at Multnomah University will develop the practical organizational skills needed to lead in today’s church and parachurch contexts.
This fully online program can be completed in 12 months.
Church hiring boards seek candidates with both high moral character and various skills in organizational management and interpersonal communication to fulfill ministry positions as pastors, directors, and coordinators. The Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership degree is designed to equip graduates with the qualifications that employers are seeking prospective ministry leaders. This same training is highly relevant for parachurch, bi-vocational, and entrepreneurial ministry leaders.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), positions for directors of religious activities and education are expected to experience an increase of 5% from 2018-2028. Employment opportunities in this field are especially strong in California and Oregon.
Students in the M.A. in Ministry Leadership program will be able to:
- Describe major leadership theories pertaining to individual, group, and organizational behavior.
- Understand the major figures, events, themes, and messages of Scripture and relate them to contemporary leadership practice.
- Develop concrete plans and strategies for ministry success.
- Employ effective interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Implement relevant legal and ethical policies and procedures within a ministry context.
- Build and lead diverse groups of teams that can accomplish organizational goals.
- Implement concrete safeguards for their spiritual, emotional, and physical health.