Be fully prepared for a lifetime of ministry leadership
Multnomah’s three-year Master of Divinity program will give you professional training in pastoral and related fields so you can be ready for a lifetime of ministry leadership. The 78-unit program will immerse you in biblical studies, theological reflection, spiritual formation, cultural engagement and leadership skills development. It also provides a solid foundation for leaders in a variety of ministry settings, including local church leadership, cross-cultural ministry, chaplaincy and community development. You can select electives to craft your degree to suit your interests and calling.
Areas of focus
- Bible: Exposition and Exegesis
- Biblical Languages
- Intercultural/Cross-Cultural Studies
- Pastoral Ministry and Leadership
- Spiritual Formation
- Advanced standing option: Bible college graduates and Christian liberal arts graduates who have the equivalent biblical and theological base do not repeat this foundation, but build upon it in their education. Students can waive up to 19 units of coursework and credit, reducing the program to as few as 59 units.
- Mentored ministry: Integral to this program is a concurrent, sequenced, and closely supervised mentored ministry program in which you are able to apply insights from the classroom to real-life experience. You will gain wisdom from and apply practical skills under the guidance of a ministry mentor, bringing relevant ministry issues to the classroom for significant faculty-peer interaction.
- Accessible and flexible: Multnomah’s convenient one-day a week schedule makes it possible for working students to complete a degree without leaving their jobs.
Take a look at these course plans to find out what you need to graduate with an M.Div. degree.