Teach God’s Word with wisdom
Once you graduate from seminary, our one-year Master of Theology program will give you specialized academic preparation for professional teaching in seminaries, Bible colleges or Christian colleges. The program also will help you build a stronger resume for admission to doctoral programs in the North America and Europe. The program consists of a minimum of 24-25 credit hours, which will build on top of your Master of Divinity (or equivalent) degree. As with all other degree programs at Multnomah, the two major focal points of our educational philosophy are Christ and the Bible.
- Gain competency in research skills in biblical and theological studies.
- Incorporate the use of the biblical languages in advanced biblical and theological research.
- Demonstrate awareness of discipline-specific primary source literature and skill in its use.
- Increase understanding of current and traditional theological issues, awareness of theological heritage and ability to harness biblical and theological perspectives toward cultural engagement.
- Develop an increasing love for Jesus Christ through affirmative engagement with his Word in a context of Christian community.
- Develop an ability to carry out sound pedagogical theory and practice for teaching in a variety of educational settings, including the college level.
Take a look at this course plan to find out what you need to graduate with a Master of Theology degree.
Get the detailed info you need