Explore the Word in depth
It’s time to deepen your understanding of God’s Word. The Master of Arts in Biblical Studies is a 48-credit-hour program that offers a specialization in Bible, biblical interpretation and theology. You’ll develop your skills in working with original language tools, and you’ll learn what it takes to produce scholarly biblical and theological research projects. Whether you’re a writer, teacher, missionary candidate, or member of a church or parachurch organization, we’ll prepare you to expound on the Bible with wisdom and passion.
Students who can benefit from the program
- The missionary candidate who needs a degree in Bible to qualify for evangelical missionary agencies and/or entrance into certain foreign lands as a missionary
- The writer who wishes to be conversant with biblical and theological subjects
- Those involved in parachurch organizations who desire a broader expertise in support of teaching and discipleship activities
- The teacher who wants preparation for the advanced degrees neccesary to insruct in biblical and theological areas for Christian educational institutions
- Defend and articulate an ethical and theological system.
- Solve interpretative problems in the biblical text.
- Use the best available exegetical tools for biblical study.
- Perform scholarly independent research.
- Produce and defend scholarly research papers and/or a thesis.
Take a look at these course plans to find out what you need to graduate with an MA in Biblical Studies degree.
- MA in Biblical Studies Course Layout: Old Testament Track
- MA in Biblical Studies Course Layout – Hebrew Bible Track – Requires formal application and acceptance after completion of the first year of the MABS Old Testament.
- MA in Biblical Studies Course Layout: New Testament Track