Infuse your ministry with a rich understanding of God’s Word
The Master of Arts in Theological Studies offers specialized study in apologetics, intercultural studies, and biblical, historical and systematic theology. This two-year program consisting of 48 credits will prepare you for a variety of vocations in ministry and theological education. And if you’ve graduated from an accredited Bible college or Christian university, you may be eligible for advanced standing with credit. A total of up to 12 units may be waived from the program, leaving 36 units to complete.
Students who can benefit from the program
- Senior and solo pastors, associate pastors and program staff, and church planters with significant ministry experience who desire further education in Bible and theology
- Adult ministry leaders in local churches
- Campus and parachurch ministry leaders
- Teachers in Christian primary and secondary schools
- Future doctoral students in theology, intercultural studies or the humanities
- Persons engaged in speaking and writing ministries
- Articulate and defend their ethical and theological system.
- Have a basic awareness of the history of Christian theology and spirituality, and respectfully engage traditions other than their own.
- Demonstrate a capacity for constructive theological reflection.
- Perform scholarly independent research.
- Produce and defend scholarly research papers and/or a thesis.
Get the detailed info you need