Take things step by step
Nearly everyone is eligible to receive some form of financial aid, whether you have financial need or not. Take these steps to get started:
Be sure to complete these steps in the order in which they are listed.
- Apply for admission to Multnomah University. You must be accepted for admission before we can grant any financial aid. We recommend you work on the financial aid process and the admission process at the same time.
- If you don’t have one already, apply for an FSA ID to be used as an online signature for your FAFSA. Retain your FSA ID for use each year.
- Complete the FAFSA. Information from this application is used to determine if you’re eligible to receive money from federal grant, loan, and work-study programs. In addition, it is used to evaluate some forms of institutional funding. Multnomah’s school code is 003206.
- Complete the Multnomah Scholarship Application. (Note: You cannot login to MyFinAid until Multnomah has received your FAFSA. Upon receipt, you will receive email confirmation from the Financial Aid Office instructing you further.)
- Apply for outside scholarships.
- Visit your Multnomah MyFinAid page to view and manage your financial aid awards, and complete any other documents needed to process your aid. (Note: You cannot login to MyFinAid until Multnomah has received your FAFSA. Upon receipt, you will receive email confirmation from the Financial Aid Office instructing you further.)
*Remember: If you want to qualify for the highest amount of financial aid, fill out a FAFSA. While a FAFSA is not required for institutional aid, it is required for federal aid.
Contact Financial Aid with any questions!