Alumni are a valuable part of the MU family, and we’re committed to serving you by providing useful benefits, involvement opportunities, and much more.
Office Hours: Mon – Fri | 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Alumni Association exists to serve and represent you for your experience as a member of the Multnomah community to continue to be a positive aspect of your life. We promote the ongoing, positive community of Multnomah through our active alumni in the various regions where they live, work, and serve, and we will continue to find ways to create more value for your alumni membership. Made up of Multnomah alumni across our nation, the Alumni Leadership Council, working with the Multnomah University staff, continues to drive the vision for Multnomah, and we believe that the days ahead are bright.
The input and participation of all Multnomah University alumni are vital to the success of our efforts. We invite you to look for opportunities, including leadership roles, to become involved in the activities that matter most to you and your family.
As a Multnomah alum, you can take advantage of a variety of benefits and services while you stay connected to our campus community. It’s all part of our commitment to you.
• Free lifetime library access (does not include online resources)
• Free admission to regular season athletic events with a valid Alumni Association membership card
• Audit Multnomah classes for free through the Lifelong Learning program
• Free admission to our conferences, including the Christian Life Conference, Global Ministries Conference, and others
• Admission to Multnomah’s athletic exercise room at $60 per semester/$120 per year (non-refundable)
• Help to coordinate class reunions and establishing area chapters in your region
• Join the Alumni Leadership Council. For information on how to join, contact our Director of Alumni and Parent Relations, Cynthia Mathai at email@example.com or (503) 251-6458.
• Provide your unique input regarding our academic programs and activities. We’ll periodically ask for your thoughts on these issues because we value your feedback
• You can also bless us by praying for the Multnomah family — administration, faculty, staff, and students.
We want to know what you are up to! When you share your story with us, you have the opportunity to have your story featured in our marketing materials, which helps to tell others how Multnomah impacted you and brings awareness to the things that you are passionate about. The main reason students attend MU is because of a graduate’s influence.
*Multnomah reserves the right to change alumni benefits at any time without notice.
All MU graduates receive an Alumni Association Membership card. Your first membership card is free.
If your card has been lost or stolen or you have graduated prior to 2006, please submit a card replacement application. The replacement card fee is $5.
The Alumnus of the Year Award is the highest honor that Multnomah bestows on an alumnus. This award recognizes an alumnus whose life faithfully exemplifies Christ and the mission of Multnomah as demonstrated by acknowledged professional accomplishments, personal character, integrity, and a strong commitment to the Lord.
The Alumnus of the Year:
• Is a graduate who upholds the standards of Multnomah University
• Is distinguished among their peers for constructive contributions made to society that display leadership, responsibility, and expertise in their field of endeavor
• Is an individual with a demonstrated commitment to community involvement
• Is a person of integrity and demonstrated ability who provides inspiration to the constituency of Multnomah University
• Is a graduate who has demonstrated a continuing interest in and support of Multnomah University through contribution of time, talent, and/or resources
• Is an individual who endeavors to demonstrate the importance of his/her education and faith
• Individuals are ineligible if they are a candidate for, or currently hold any elected public office in the current calendar year
• If the nominee has been a member of the Multnomah Alumni Leadership Council, this individual shall not be eligible until at least one year after such membership has expired
Nominations may be made online or in writing by completing the official Alumnus of the Year nomination form provided by the alumni department. Nomination forms with any supporting material should be received by the Alumni Relations Department no later than June 30 of the previous year in which the person is being nominated.
In addition to this form, newspaper or magazine clippings, website address, or other appropriate supporting materials may be submitted.
Nominations may be made by any of the following individuals or groups:
• Multnomah students, alumni, faculty, staff, or friends
• Multnomah Alumni Association Area Chapters
• Multnomah Alumni Leadership Council
• Alumni may self-nominate by completing the nomination form, providing supporting materials (if any), and providing two letters of support.
The awards committee will review the nominations and determine the recipient committee consists of the following individuals:
• President of Multnomah University
• Director of Alumni Relations
• Academic Dean of the College and Seminary Dean
• Alumni Leadership Council Members
*The decision of the awards committee is final. The alumnus of the year award is presented annually at our alumni awards celebration at the Portland campus. A person may receive this award only once in his/her lifetime.
You may know someone who is deserving of this award and meets our criteria. We would love to hear about them. Please submit your nomination for next year’s Alumni of the Year award by completing the form to the right.
The Multnomah Connection is a monthly e-newsletter created just for our alumni and the MU family. Some of the highlights in each edition could include a letter from your Alumni Director, an alumni spotlight, Access to Events, and more.
As an alumnus of Multnomah University, you have free access to class auditing for life. We believe that learning is an ongoing journey and doesn’t simply end when one earns their degree. Continue to learn with us throughout life and discover more of what God has for you as you experience life.
You may know someone who would benefit from attending Multnomah. Please fill out the form below, providing as much information as possible. Our Admissions Office will be glad to contact them about the possibility of becoming part of the MU family.
Salem-Eugene Regional Representative
Central California Regional Representative
Texas Regional Representative
Puget Sound Regional Representative
A reunion is a time to reconnect with friends and classmates from your time at Multnomah. Your reunion could be a gathering of classmates from a particular year or decade, or it could be an affinity reunion of friends from an athletic team, course of study, group of RA’s, etc.
Alumni may plan class or affinity reunions at any time. The responsibility of the planning, organizing, and running a reunion belongs to alumni themselves, but the Alumni Relations Office is here to assist you along the way.
Chapters bring Multnomah to a community or network of alumni located in a common region. It is a fantastic opportunity to extend the MU family spirit beyond campus.
Planning a meaningful chapter requires two things:
• A common vision for what the chapter can be
• One or more people to serve as local coordinators for the chapter meeting
The responsibility of the planning, organizing, and running a chapter is that of the alumni, but the Alumni Relations Office is here to assist you along the way.