Alumni Department Transitions

Comments Off Written on January 11th, 2011 by
Categories: Alumni, General, Pray For MU

Goodbye Farrah – Hello Ronnie!

With the New Year comes many new changes and life opportunities here in the Alumni Department. In fact, there are great changes taking place in my own life as I step in to take over Farrah Weinert’s position as Senior Alumni Relations Coordinator. My name is Ronnie Glazner (BS ’10) and I grew up in a pastor’s home with two older sisters in Sutherlin, Oregon. After I graduated from high school in 2006, I enrolled at Multnomah and life has never been the same. Alternately enjoying and prayerfully enduring some of the things that God has set before me here, I have been transformed in a way that only God could have managed. This place has the laid foundation stones of faith in my life and will forever have a special place in my heart. So it was with great joy at Gods continuing goodness that I accepted the position here in the Alumni Department after my graduation this past December 2010.

Transitions

As I transition into this new position, there is also great change on the horizon for Farrah (‘07) and her husband Adam (’10). Farrah has served in the Alumni Department for the past 4.5 years and Adam, one of our former Alumni Leadership Council members, recently graduated from Multnomah's Seminary with his Masters in Divinity degree. Currently, they are ferrying up to Alaska where they hope to find an open pastoral position in the Anchorage area.

We also want to wish the best to Greg Allen (’95), Ben Thomas (’01) , Neil Mast (’55), and Chris Tobias (’04) – Former Alumni Leadership Council members – as they rotate off of the council at the end of their tenure.

Greg has been a pastor in the Portland area since 1992. He serves on our adjunct faculty for Multnomah's  internship program at the Seminary and has served on the Alumni Leadership Council for the past 10 years. Ben has served as Multnomah's Resident Director for the men's dorm for the past 8 years. As he moves on from Multnomah, he will continue on in a shepherding role as Director of Refuge at Imago Dei Community Church. Neil is retired and has served on Multnomah's Alumni Leadership Council for the past 6 years. Neil looks forward to the opportunity for fresh ideas to take the departments vision to new heights. Chris works as Lead Services Integrator at GE Healthcare in Beaverton, Oregon and has been serving on the Alumni Leadership Council for the past 3 years.

A hearty thank you to all these men and women who have served so well and committed their time and energy to what God is doing in and through the Alumni Department. To keep up to date on other happenings at Multnomah, take a look at our new and improved Alumni Connection.

Get Involved!

We are looking for Alumni locally and regionally to serve on Multnomah's Alumni Leadership Council. If you would like to learn more about how you can get involved please contact Michelle Peel, Director of Alumni Relations, at mmpeel@multnomah.edu.

Tags: , , ,

Senior Alumni Relations Coordinator