Multnomah is hosting a development seminar for MAT students and teachers on May 31. PPS principal Emily Glasgow will speak on how to connect with all families in your school community. Come ready to be challenged, enlightened and educated on how to reach diverse populations and better serve the kids in your classrooms. Attending this seminar will earn you 4 CEUs.
Learn how and why to positively engage all families in their children's education.
Get ready to:
- Develop a shared understanding on why family engagement is a critical component in student success and what types of family engagement matter the most.
- Deepen understanding and empathy for our children’s families — view family engagement from their perspective.
- Discuss and problem-solve around common obstacles to family engagement in urban public schools.
- Leave with concrete tools and action steps to deepen and maximize your relationship with your students' families.
Emily Glasgow, our featured speaker, brings a rich history of experience with her:
- Principal of Vestal K8 School in PPS
- Principal of K8 School in the Boston Public School District for 7 years
- Masters in School Leadership from Harvard Graduate School of Education
Don't miss out on this great opportunity. Register today.
When: Saturday, May 31
Time: 9 a.m. - 12 noon
Cost: $25 if you pre-register, $30 at the door, $20 for Multnomah Alumni and $10 for current MU students and faculty
Where: Multnomah University
8435 NE Glisan St., Portland, OR.
Mitchell Library, Room #108
Refreshments will be provided.
Email Kathy McKee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. And spread the word to anyone you think might be interested.