Welcome to Memorial Hall
Memorial Hall offers the convenience of on-campus living with the lowered price tag of single occupancy residence hall rooms for our older undergraduates, graduates, and seminary students. Men reside in the west wing and women in the east wing. The floors are divided into student populations as follows:
- Lower Memorial: Undergrads age 25+, Adult Degree Completion, Graduate and Seminary; meal plans optional
- Upper Memorial: Traditional Undergrads ages 20 – 24; meal plans required
Our Residence Life staff is dedicated to creating an enjoyable living environment for you that deepens your personal and spiritual growth. Participating in events and programs as well as eating in the cafeteria will help you get plugged into the community quickly. Staff can also serve as a resource to you as you navigate a new campus culture and adjust to life at MU. Our goal is that living on campus will help you thrive in your academic pursuits!
Room pricing for 2018-19 (includes all utilities and Wifi)
- Standard Private Room: $2,000/semester
- Shared Double Suite: $2,250/semester-per student
- Single Suite: $2,450/semester
Meal plan pricing (2018-19)
A Gold or Silver meal plan is required for Upper Memorial residents, and is optional for Lower Memorial residents.
- Gold Plan: $2,250/semester (19 meals/week + $75 flex credit)
- Silver Plan: $1,900/semester (13 meals/week + $75 flex credit)
Some block meal plan options are also available for Lower Memorial residents only. Rather than giving you a weekly number of times you can access the cafeteria, they give you a total number of meals that you can spread out over the semester.
General accommodations and amenities
- Fully furnished
- Convenient on campus living
- All utilities and WiFi included
- Shared lounges
- Shared bathrooms (gender-specific)
- On-site laundry facility ($1.25/wash, $1.25/dry)
- Secure bike storage
- 24/7 access to Campus Safety
- Custodial care
- Residential Staff
- Beds with mattresses
- Desk and chair*
- Ceiling fan
Suites may include extra sitting chairs, but these are not guaranteed.
Upper Memorial has access to one full kitchen. We also recommend that students bring mini-refrigerators for their rooms. Other small electric kitchen appliances must be used in the shared kitchen.
Lower Memorial residents have access to two shared, non-gender-specific kitchens. We highly recommend that they supply a mini-refrigerator in their rooms and plan on storing other kitchen supplies and food in their rooms as well. Unfortunately no other small electric kitchen appliances may be used in the rooms. We also highly recommend purchasing at least some partial meal plan.
After paying your $100 MU Enrollment Deposit, you may apply for housing. To do so, please do the following:
Billing and agreement terms
The Housing Contract is a nine-month commitment from the first day of classes in the Fall semester, through the Saturday after finals week in the Spring. Upper Memorial is closed for winter break (approximately mid-December through mid-January). Students who move in at the beginning of Spring semester are only contracted for that one semester.
- Detailed summary of Housing Contract (terms and fees)
- Detailed summary of policies may be found in the Memorial Hall Handbook
- Summer-term agreement optional
Housing is charged per semester and is applied to the student’s account. Financial aid may be applied to housing after tuition and fees are paid.
Exceptions: Contract dates may be adjusted for non-traditional programs, such as the degree completion program and Master of Arts in Counseling, according to the program’s academic terms.
Memorial Hall checklist
What to bring
- Non-halogen study lamps
- Personal belongings
- Mini fridge
- Basic cookware if desired
- Shower caddy
What not to bring
- Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana
- Candles/incense/open flames
- Weapons/firearms (even decorative)
- Halogen torch lamps
- Nails, screws, drywall anchors