(Updated August 5, 2022)
As of March 11, 2022, public indoor and outdoor mask mandates are lifted in the state of Oregon, with the exception of health care settings. Oregon has continued to consider the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in its policies and recommendations. Check Oregon.Gov for the latest updates on these requirements. For further information, visit CDC.Gov.
In response, Multnomah University no longer requires individuals to wear a mask while on campus (except in health care settings such as the counseling center).
Some faculty members may ask students to wear a mask during their class to maintain a safe learning environment for all members of the classroom. These requests will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. See your professor for classroom masking procedure guidance.
- Individuals who have tested positive for Covid-19 are recommended by the state of Oregon to quarantine for five days, then wear a mask for an additional five days.
- Individuals who have tested positive for Covid-19 should notify their professors and supervisors electronically to ensure they receive any resources needed during the five-day quarantine period.
- If you live on-campus and can self-isolate away from the residence halls and apartments, we recommend quarantining off-campus for the safety of others.
If you must quarantine on-campus, Residence Life will continue to offer food delivery from the Mane Hall to quarantined students.
- The state of Oregon no longer requires individuals who are exposed to Covid-19 to self-isolate. However, individuals can discuss at-home learning and/or work options with their faculty and/or staff supervisors based on their comfort and safety needs.
- For additional guidelines and the latest information, visit govstatus.egov.com/OR-OHA-COVID-19