The primary role of the IRB is to assess potential risks of a
proposed study, examine steps that the research team has taken to mitigate
these risks (and protect potential participants), and weigh these risks against
the benefit of the research (in general and/or to specific participants). The
IRB is responsible for the review of all applications to conduct human
participant research by or with Multnomah personnel (students, staff, and
The IRB reviews proposed research to determine if the
following requirements are satisfied in research with Multnomah personnel.
- The welfare and rights of human participants are adequately protected, and informed consent is given and documents.
- Human participants are not placed ar unreasonable physical, mental, or emotional risk as a result of research.
- The importance of the research outweighs the risks to the participants.
- Researcher(s) is/are qualified to conduct research involving human participants.
- The selection of the participants is equitable.
- The research plan makes adequate provision for monitoring teh data collected to ensure the safety of the participant.
- Adequate provisions have been made to protect teh privacy of participants and to maintain teh confidentiality of data.
To have your research
considered and request approval, please complete the following form and submit it to
Multnomah University’s IRB.